Tuesday 10 November 2015

Fallow Deer and Iping heather

Fallow Deer, Dama dama
Yesterday I visited Petworth Park to see the Fallow Deer. I have missed the Autumn rut this year - I was too busy chasing Long-tailed Blues. The deer have separated into two groups - many bucks in a field by the outer wall and the rest in the middle of the park with a mix of bucks, does and youngsters. Afterwards I visited Iping Common where some gorse and bell heather are still flowering. On the way home I stopped at Waltham Brooks but saw nothing there.
Fallow Deer bucks









Iping Common:
Bell Heather, Erica cinerea
Bell Heather


it's that Chinook again

Gorse, Ulex europaeus




Lichen, Cladonia species

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.