Friday 17 April 2015

Green Hairstreaks and Grizzled Skippers

Grizzled Skipper, Pyrgus malvae
I did my Mill Hill transect Thursday afternoon, recording 25°C at the bottom of the hill.  I found my first Green Hairstreaks of the year and several  Grizzled Skippers, one of which roosted at 4:30pm. I saw the same moths I reported Tuesday: Violet Cosmet, Straw-barred Pearl, Wavy-barred Sable & Common Purple and Gold plus a Little Roller.
Brimstone, Gonepteryx rhamni on Wood Violet
Common Purple and Gold, Pyrausta purpuralis
Grizzled Skipper, Pyrgus malvae on Wood Violet
Grizzled Skipper roosting
Little Roller, Ancylis comptana
Nomad bee, Nomada species
Nursery Web Spider, Pisaura mirabilis
Grasshopper, 10-15mm, id needed please.
pollen beetle, Meligethes aeneus
Spider with Sphecodes bee. Id needed please.
Spider with Sphecodes bee
Spider with Sphecodes bee
Violet Cosmet, Pancalia leuwenhoekella with fly
Violet Cosmet
Wavy-barred Sable, Pyrausta nigrata

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.