Monday 19 May 2014

Roe Deer and a Cuckoo

Roe Deer, Capreolus capreolus
On Friday I started at Rewell Wood where a Roe Deer crossed the path ahead of me and joined its partner in the wood. He had done this a few days before and by the time I had the camera in position he had gone. This time I was ready for him. Then I joined Neil, Mike and Paul at Harting Down for a successful Duke of Burgundy search. The butterfly is spreading out at this location which is very gratifying as it shows the conservation work is being done well. See Neil’s blog for more info: bit.ly/SaExF1 We heard the wonderful call of a cuckoo close by.


Harting Down

Duke of Burgundy, Hamearis lucina
Grizzled Skipper, Pyrgus malvae
Click beetle, Agrypnus murinus
Drab Looper, Minoa murinata
White Bryony, Bryonia dioica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.