Saturday 27 April 2013

Orange-tips herald Spring

male Orange-tip, Anthocharis cardamines
This afternoon after a frustrating period trying to see my credit card history on-line and being asked questions by someone a million miles away trying to verify that I was who I claimed to be and not an impostor, I decided it was time for some sanity and I drove to the Angmering Woods. I was rewarded by three new species for the year – Orange-tips, a Green-veined White and a Silver-Y moth plus a Red Admiral and a  Comma. Two Blackcaps also made themselves known. Before I left an obliging fifth Orange-tip posed for photos. I then joined Neil's Rewell Wood walk. Bob spotted a Brimstone on the way and a Peacock flew along our path.
Orange-tip, Anthocharis cardamines







Peacock, Inachis io
Red admiral, Vanessa atalanta

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, they've brightened my day before too!

    ReplyDelete

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.