Tuesday 19 March 2013

Bearded Tits and a Goldcrest at Pagham Harbour

Bearded Tit, Panurus biarmicus
I visited Long Pool, Pagham Harbour at midday yesterday and found a pair of Bearded Tits, male and female. Unfortunately they were on the far side of the reed bed, too far even for my 300mm lens with 1.4 teleconverter. The results were not as good as a month before when they were 18 metres away and I used my zoom at 300mm:
http://colinknight.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/bearded-tits-at-pagham-harbour.html

A pair of Reed Buntings had a dogfight along the path and I was surprised when I processed my photos later and found a Goldcrest. I shall return!
Goldcrest, Regulus regulus
Goldcrest, Regulus regulus
female Bearded Tit, Panurus biarmicus
female and male Bearded Tits
male Bearded Tit, Panurus biarmicus



Black-headed Gull, Chroicocephalus ridibundus
Black-headed Gull, Chroicocephalus ridibundus
Dunnock, Prunella modularis
Reed Bunting, Emberiza schoeniclus
Little Egret, Egretta garzetta
Mallard, Anas platyrhynchos
Redshank, Tringa totanus



This Redshank was intent on dragging its prey from the mud. 
Mill Road, Arundel:
male Mandarin Duck, Aix galericulata
female Mandarin Duck, Aix galericulata
Coot, Fulica atra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.