Wednesday 6 February 2013

Its all about Ratty

Water Vole, Arvicola amphibius
On Tuesday I met Mark at the Mill Road rife to look for Water Voles. We didn’t find any so we visited Arundel WWT and Mark started using his new camera, an enviably elegant Canon 7D with 300mm lens. I found a water vole by the reed rife near the Reed Bed Hide and we enjoyed about 10 minutes with it while it retrieved and ate from a patch of ‘salad’ on the opposite bank. On the way home I stopped at the Mill Road rife and found Ratty feeding on the opposite bank before he swam to my side. I then received a call out from SusSAR about a missing lady which was based a couple of miles away so the next few hours were spent doing an initial search.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.