Sunday 22 April 2012

Dingies rule

This morning we had a club dig on pasture, but nothing was found so I left to do my weekly transect at Mill Hill as it was a sunny day. There was a wind at the start and I was surprised to find a Grizzled Skipper at the top of the hill. Beside the path near the bottom of the hill I found a black adder. At the bottom there was another Grizzled skipper, a Green-veined White, a Peacock, a Small Heath, Speckled Wood and many Dingy Skippers, fighting and nectaring. Just below the car park I found a Small Copper, my first of the year. I tried my new camera, a Panasonic Lumix FZ45 with close-up lens, on the Dingy Skippers and am very satisfied with the results. I am getting depth of field, clarity of detail and colour vibrancy that I cannot achieve with my other cameras.
a good start to the day, 7:50am










Germander Speedwell, Veronica chamaedrys
Mill Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.