Sunday 28 November 2010

Sanderlings on the beach

Sanderling
To view Slideshow, click this photo, then choose Fullscreen (top right) then Fast (top left)

The past two mornings have been icy cold, but as the tide was out I took my metal detector to the beach. This morning I found two rings, one a silver Man United signet ring, 925 fine, with the Birmingham mark of an anchor. The other is a cheap plated ring with a red ‘stone’ in the middle and one of four ‘diamonds’ left, presumably all glass. I then spotted a flock of Sanderlings feeding along the waterline as the tide came in so I returned with my camera.
Turnstones
Sanderling taking off
keep your seat belts fastened please
undercarriage up
on the run
Turnstone
Sanderling digging deep
finds food (looks like a mussel), takes it to the water & rinses it, returns,
puts it down, picks it up and swallows it
Stumpy
Stumpy running
Stumpy with his mates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.