Friday 17 September 2010

Hope Gap and Ouse Estuary

Clear skies this morning demanded another hunt for the Clouded Yellow and other butterflies. 
First stop was Hope Gap where I found the same Clouded Yellow as Wednesday, this time west of the gap.





there were a few Whinchats
and other things of the air
Clustered Bellflower Campanula glomerata

Goldfinch


Musk Mallow  Malva mosschata
Scarlet Pimpernel  anagallis arvensis
I then called in on Aunt Bea in Eastbourne for a cuppa and brought back goodies for Sue and me.  On the way back I called in at the Ouse Estuary Reserve at Newhaven. 
This time I found a Common Blue and Small Copper in the ditch surrounding the east side.
Common Blue
Small Copper
Common Evening Primrose Oenthera biennis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.