Sunday 28 February 2010

Beachy Head and The Golden Galleon

I took a chance with the weather and drove to Crawley, Hampshire on Thursday for a Weekend Wanderers dig. As I made my way back to the car in the drizzle I found a very worn silver disc, probably my first hammered coin but nothing to identify it.

On Saturday I headed to Eastbourne with Aunt Bea's new Compaq laptop. She can now use Skype and send photos by email. I have set up TeamViewer so Simon and I can access her desktop to sort out problems.
I stopped by Beachy Head on the way and we visited the Towner Gallery which has an interesting view from the lift over west Eastbourne.
We had lunch at the Golden Galleon and enjoyed the view across the Cuckmere River which was muddy from the recent rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.