Tuesday 11 August 2009

Brown Hairstreaks & Holly Blue at Steyning Rifle Range

I decided to have another day looking for Brown Hairstreaks at Steyning as the weather looked promising. Good decision, I had one of the best photo days this year. Two female Brown Hairstreaks appeared within a short time at 11:12 and performed for me until 12. They are one of the most beautiful butterflies I have seen. I phoned Neil and he arrived with Brian to join in the fun. He was rewarded with one photo op and another sighting. The day was topped off for me by a second new species of the day, a Holly Blue beside the track on a wild rose mixed up with ivy just before we arrived at the car park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.